Data processing is the responsibility of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 36 + 40
Contact details of the data protection officer:
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a public-benefit federal enterprise for international cooperation. We work as a federal enterprise under private law. Our aim is to achieve the development-policy objective of improving the living conditions of people worldwide and conserving the natural resources on which livelihoods depend.
The ELD website does not use any software to analyse usage data.
Notes regarding objection
For this purpose, a cookie is stored on the device, preventing user data from being collected when the user visits this website. In order for the objection to take effect, the cookie must be stored on every device used. As the cookie is stored in specific browsers (internet programs), the cookie must be stored in every browser if several browsers are used on one device (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox). Please also note that, if you delete all cookies, the objection cookie will also be deleted and will need to be stored again.
Any personal details collected as part of the press mailing list subscription will only be used for the purpose of processing the subscription.
Your details will not be passed onto third parties. No use will be made of your details for consulting purposes, for advertising or for market research. If you cancel your subscription, all your personal details will be deleted from our database.
After you entered your email adress, you will receive a Mail with a confirmation link. You can withdrew your order at any time. If you do so, all personal data will be deleted from our data bank.
- Temporary etracker cookies: These session cookies are used for user analysis (see above). They do not contain any personal data and expire at the end of the session, or at the end of a user survey, which is generally carried out every two years.
Recipients of personal data
- Data are not passed on to third parties.
- As a general principle, data will not be transmitted to third states
Duration of data retention
Personal data are regularly deleted when
- they are no longer needed for contractual purposes (e.g. for employment, top-ups, rental, sale or service contracts)
- when the individuals concerned have not given any separate authorisation
- when statutory data storage obligations and periods have expired.
Protection of minors
Persons under the age of 16 may not transfer any personal data to us without the consent of their parents or legal guardians.
Reference to user rights
You are entitled to:
- to object to data processing,
- enquire about your personal data and its processing
- to have this corrected if necessary, or to request restriction of processing or the erasure of the data
The data will then be erased.
If you have any questions or complaints about this website, please contact the GIZ data protection officer (see contact information provided above). You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the responsible data protection supervisory authority. The responsible authority in this case is the German Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI).